Advanced Methods Courses
Training and mediation of advanced methods and technologies is in the major focus of the Hertha Sponer College program. Members of the college and MBExC will have access to cutting-edge methods through workshops, lectures and courses designed and held by the MBExC application specialists for Advanced Data Analysis, Electron Microscopy, Optogenetics, Stem Cells & Organoid, and Photonics, and by the MBExC data manager.
Upon certified attendance of advanced methods courses PhD students receive Credits, since our measures are accredited by GAUSS/GGNB. We additionally encouraged PhD-candidates to attend matching method courses and soft skill courses regularly organized by MBExC PIs that offered in the GAUSS/GGNB portfolio in cooperation with the Hertha Sponer College.
For further details and schedule information please visit the intranet or contact the Hertha Sponer College Coordinator. To register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Workshop Program
- Modul I: Elementary Lecture on Basic Statistical Methods (Lecture & Exercises)Weekly lectures and accompanying exercises provide an introduction to statistical data analysis, with emphasis on the data analysis methods that are useful in labs related to the MBExC.
- Modul II: Statistical and Computational Data Science II - (Lecture & Exercises)
- Modul III: Advanced Data Analysis: From a Natural Science Perspective (Lecture & Exercises)
- Who understands your research data? – Recent approaches for data management in the life sciences
- Can the paper-based laboratory notebook be replaced? - Routes into electronic lab documentation.
- Seminar Triple "Introduction to electron microscopy"
- Seminar "Optogenetic tools for research in cell biology and neurosciences"
- Experimental Workshop "Optogenetics"
- HSC Lecture "Brain and heart in a dish - modeling human organogenesis"
- Experimental Course I "Stem cell culture and pluripotency analysis by flow cytometry"
- Experimental Course II "Generation and culture of neuronal organoids"
- CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing of human induced pluripotent stem cells
- Basic Programming and Data Visualization with Python
- Programming of Neuronal Networks
- Modern Methods in Cell Biology