Advanced Methods Courses
Training and mediation of advanced methods and technologies is in the major focus of the Hertha Sponer College program. Members of the college and MBExC will have access to cutting-edge methods through workshops, lectures and courses designed and held by the MBExC application specialists for Advanced Data Analysis, Electron Microscopy, Optogenetics, Stem Cells & Organoid, and Photonics, and by the MBExC data manager.
Upon certified attendance of advanced methods courses PhD students receive Credits, since our measures are accredited by GAUSS/GGNB. We additionally encouraged PhD-candidates to attend matching method courses and soft skill courses regularly organized by MBExC PIs that offered in the GAUSS/GGNB portfolio in cooperation with the Hertha Sponer College.
For further details and schedule information please visit the intranet or contact the Hertha Sponer College Coordinator. To register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Workshop Program
- May-July 2020: Advanced Data Analysis: From a Natural Science Perspective (Lecture & Exercises)
- Nov-Dec 2020: Elementary Lecture on Basic Statistical Methods; Start of the Lecture Series: Wednesday, Nov 4th 10.00 - 11.30 a.m., and every other Wednesday. Accompaying exercises: tba
- Who understands your research data? – Recent approaches for data management in the life sciences
- Can the paper-based laboratory notebook be replaced? - Routes into electronic lab documentation.
- Seminar Triple: Introduction to electron microscopy; Wednesday, Sep 16th, 23rd & 30th; 10.30 - 11.30 am
- Workshop Optogenetic tools for research in cell biology and neurosciences
- Monday, September 07. & 21., 2020; 10.00 - 11.30 am
- Nov/Dec 2020: 3-dimensional networks of electrically excitable cells (Lecture)
- Jan 2021: Stem cell culture and pluripotency analysis by flow cytometry (Experimental Course)
- Jan 2021: Generation and culture of neuronal organoids (Experimental Course)